A man has been charged with child abuse after a 14 year-old was allegedly sexually assaulted by his father.
Key points:A 14-day manhunt is underway for a man wanted over the alleged sexual assaultThe alleged assault happened at a house in Southport, west of AdelaideThe boy is not being named in relation to the caseThe man was arrested in Adelaide on Wednesday and is in police custodyPolice are seeking information about a man in his late 40s to 50s, possibly in South Adelaide or on the South CoastPolice are investigating the alleged assault as a child abuse offence and are asking anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers.
Police said the incident happened at the house in Westport, about 45 kilometres from Adelaide.
It is understood the man is in custody.
The 14-month-old is not in custody and police said they had not yet been made aware of his whereabouts.
He is understood to have told his father he had been sexually assaulted, but he denies any involvement in the alleged crime.
Police have not revealed the nature of the alleged offence, but have said the 14-week-old has not been subjected to any abuse.
A woman told the ABC she was at the home with her three children when they heard a noise and saw a man standing outside the front door.
“It was quite scary,” she said.
“I’m really worried about the boys.
They were very frightened.
I just want to make sure that I’m safe.”
If you have any information that could help us get the guy out of the house, we’d really appreciate it.
“Police said they were investigating the incident as a sexual assault.
Topics:child-abuse,law-crime-and-justice,crime,southport-7210,adelaide-7250,sa,australiaContact Amy O’NeilMore stories from South Australia